Tuesday, March 11, 2008

try a new technique


Yesterday's try a new technique challenge at SCS was faux cloisonne. It's a pretty cool technique and I had never done it. How to do it?
1) get magazine or calendar with landscape type photos ( you need the glossy paper).
*** my problem having mostly just card and scrapbook magazines, hard to find landscape photos. Note to self, expand your reading.
2) you need a outline image stamp. I choose time well spent. It is a hostess level 3 set Shelli gave us all for Christmas. I really have only used it twice. (note to self, play with free rubber more).
3) stamp with versamark on magazine page then emboss with gold emboss powder.
4) I used crystal effect over image and let it dry then cut it out. You can cut it out first, but as it is flimsy I wanted to give it some weight with doing crystal effects first.
5) then just decorate or design your card. It is best to use black cardstock for base, but the colors had more burgundy in it, so I went with that for my base. I did not have a sketch, this was a play and wing it one.
I paper pierced some holes to feed the gold string through. I embossed the vellum and colored with markers on backside of it.

11 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is a wonderful technique - love how yours turned out!! Another good reason to use Time Well Spent!!

Emily said...

Very pretty card! I love this technique.

Enfys said...

Thanks for sharing this technique, I've never heard of this, can't wait to try it. Love your work and your blog.

debby4000 said...

Definitely going to give this technique a go after seeing your fab card.

Stacey said...

Thanks so much for posting the technique, I have seen cards done with it, but haven't found out (ok, gone searching for) a way to do it.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! Love how this came out.

Lois E. said...

What a great technique! I love that you challenge yourself all the time. It inspires me!

Gwen said...

He now this looks like fun!!! I am going to try it!! thanks so much for sharing that!!!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

What a lovely idea Kathy! I really must give that a try. A very pretty card!

Julie SBS-8

Tracey said...

What a stunning card! I definitely am going to try this technique! TFS

Trini said...

Very Cute! I will have to give this a try!