Friday, March 28, 2008

Friday featured friend

I decided on Fridays to show you some great swaps or projects some of my fellow demos are doing.

Today, I am showing Jen Foley, her blog:http://www.inkspiredcreations.com/. She actually featured one of my swap cards. I am returning the favor, but actually wanted to show you this card she did, featuring a cool technique with markers.

The technique is to take a lighter color marker and dip it into a darker reinker. This gives a two-tone technique she achieved here. My first thought was, will you ruin your markers? And she assured me that it works like a blender pen and you just need to scribble it on the scrap paper until the color returns to normal. This goes in my ever-growing file of things I must try.

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

This is a darling card - love the coloring - thanks for sharing the technique!

Gwen said...

this is so soft & beautiful...just love it!!

Kelly said...

I agree - what an adorable card. I love the colors, too. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Anonymous said...

ooh how clever-thank you for sharing that new idea!

Unknown said...

Great card!!!! Thanks for sharing this techynique with us. I am going to have to give this one a try.

Jana O'Brien said...

Very cool! I need to use my markers more.

Anita Van Hal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! I love the stamp set as well...very pretty, and love the colors!

Anita Van Hal
SBS8

Heidi said...

This card is so sweet! Love it