Wednesday, March 19, 2008

catching up


I can't believe I haven't posted any new work in almost a week. I spent yesterday busy stamping. I got some good things done, but now today behind on the laundry.

Andrea Walford has a great blog and posted this idea of doing a box of cards with tart and tangy set and summer picnic paper out of Spring mini catalog. I played around with it to get a bunch made for upcoming craft fair. Of course I did not read directions right and was using 6 .5 x 11 piece instead of 6.5 x 11.5. So I wasted 5 pieces of cardstock.

I got the tutorial from Emily, she did it using berry bliss paper. You can check it out here if you want to play along.http://stampingexpressions.blogspot.com/

I plan on doing this as one of the projects for a May class for mother's day and teacher gifts.
Here is my sample using Berry bliss and close up shot of the box to hold the cards.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the 2 sets with differing DSPs-great idea!

Marilyn said...

Love love love this idea! Great idea to do a stamp camp for mother's day with these! I am having fun making 3 x 3 cards - gotta try this one out too - thanks for sharing and inspiring!!

debby4000 said...

Wow fantastic cards.

Kelly said...

Ooooooh! Love all of that pink and brown. Great projects!

Han said...

wow you have been busy. I love all the colours xx

Han said...

wow you have been busy. I love all the colours xx

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Wow lovely cards!

Julie SBS-8

Marge said...

As Han said, you've been busy! Very nice job; like those colors together a lot too!

I saw your comment on my card about shopping with Gwen; actually she'd not seen those flowers before, but we often do buy the same stuff, though we don't get to shop together, sadly! We do get to craft together though, which is WONDERFUL! She's a sweetie!

Marge SBS8

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Wow, you've been super productive! Love them all. I just can't get enough of that Summer Picnic DSP!

Emily said...

Oh, how cute!! I'm glad you found the tutorial useful =).

Frances said...

ooo, these are fab. Will have to check out that tutorial. Love both colour combos.

Staciestamps said...

These turned out wonderful - thanks for sharing.