Thursday, March 6, 2008

Card Club

Hello, it was a beautiful day here. Sunny and 50 degrees, puts me a great mood. Of course, it is New England it could snow tomorrow. I have been busy working on our school's class auction. Stampin Up the great company that it is sent me over $400 of supplies that I was able to split into two baskets.
I have 4 cards to share with you today. We made them at card club last night, featuring SU punches. I have some ladies doing this by mail, if you are interested in joining us contact me at sacwhite@comcast.net. We make 4 cards focusing on 1-4 techniques the first Wednesday of the month, the cost for the mail program is $12 in the US.




This one, I cased from SCS from Tillyhead. I changed up the colors but the design is hers. I was not as successful using word window for the center. However, the others did better than me.

I used crab and company stamp set on shimmering white cardstock.






This card was done using punches. Pretty simple you just use the larger punch 1 3/8 (square and circle) for the solid card stock. Then you use the smaller punch 1 1/4 (square and circle) for your patterned paper. This patterned paper was left over from crew girls simply scrappin kit. The circle is then scored and folded over to make your purse.



This card was something you may have seen before, from scs challenge card. I used same concept- window card. For the front, just used the 5 flower punch through various cardstock and vellum, small flower punch and a bashful blue brad.

The inside has scallop punch, then 1 3/8 punch, the 1 /24 punch circle then the 3/4 punch circle.

The bottom used the slit punch to hold the top part of card in.









This card I saw on Dannie's blog.http://danniesdesigns.typepad.com/. It is a card she recieved from Gina Taylor. This is totally cased. Not sure what case means:
copy, and share, everything.
I have seen lots of bunnies done out of punches, but her layout was so cute right up do curled ear. It is okay to copy someone's work, as long as you give them credit. Heck, why do we spend so much time blog-surfing. Only to be inspired by another's work.




























8 comments:

Stacey said...

I love the purses made with the punhces! Great ideas.

Marilyn said...

How nice that SU donated product for your school - what a great company they are - love these cards - and it's always alright to case - as long as you give credit - and I agree - isn't that the whole purpose of blogging! Love your site and your creations - the purse card is just too cute!!

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh - the purse card is adorable!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards, love the purses and the bunny.

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Those little purses are so cute! I'm gonna have to CASE that idea :)

Erin... said...

wow what great projects you've been busy!! I love the little purses I'll need to case those!!

Sandi Berg said...

I love those purses! What a neat idea! I also think the floppy bunny ear is absolutely adorable!

Gwen said...

these are all just fab!! the purse card is my fave....I had not seen that before.