Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Think Pink Challenge



We all know that October is Breast Cancer awareness month. This is photo of my mom, who I lost to this terrible disease 13 years ago. Tragically, she died 3 days before I was to be married and I still miss her everyday. I also, lost my father while I was in high school to bone cancer. So, I do know personally about the effects of cancer.
On a more positive note, I usually try to support cancer fundraisers whenever possible. It is something we all can do to help. The demo "wow" challenge hosted by my blog roll sister Jana, was to do a card for a cause using a technique you haven't used in awhile. The cards for a cause currently is supporting "Chemo Angels", which I gladly signed up to be. I make so many cards a week, I was glad to have a reason to have someone to send them to make their week. You can also just send them to Splitcoast Cards for a cause if you do not want the commitment. But you can find out more info here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=386884.
Anyways onto my quick card "think pink" using the sketch challenge, retired hostess set and some designer paper:
Don't forget to get your about scheduling your mammogram if you haven't already. I have my appointment in 2 weeks.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card. Great cause! Thanks.

Leona said...

What a lovely cause here ..... plus a cutie card i love thats its all pink aswell....

HUgs Leona x

Ed said...

Love your card Kathy, thanks for calling over to my blog. I lost my Mom to cancer too..so I make most of my cards for charity causes ...

kc_froglady said...

love the pink card! Wonderful picture of your mom too thanks for sharing!

Marge said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kathy! I'm so sorry for your loss; my Dad also succumbed to cancer. It's touched too many of us, that's for sure!

Marilyn said...

Really pretty card Kathy - sorry to hear about the loss of both your parents - must have been really tough!! What a great way to never forget your parents though - to spread the word through card making and supporting cancer fundraisers!!

Anna Banana said...

Kathy, this card is really pretty, and Ithink it is lovely that you are doing something so nice as a Chemo Angel. I'm heading over to the link now to check out what it's all about!
Anna Banana

Unknown said...

Lovely card Karyn! I am sorry about the loss of both parents at such a young age for you!

Jana O'Brien said...

Love your card, and what a great way to honor your mom!