Saturday, October 11, 2008

Ahh Weekend


Sorry, no posting or checking on blogroll yesterday. We had another family day as boys were off from school and DH took day off. We went on bike trip on Cape Cod bike trail- just gorgeous. We biked along the canal, with boats going by and the leaves starting to change. We are having a great stretch of weather here in Massachusetts.
Then I had a workshop last night. In my attempts to clean up from workshop and old projects lying about- I started picking through some leftover projects in attempts to make some cards and clean up.
Beate's weekend sketch featured circles and I had some left over from a stamp a stack I did back in June. So just a quick one with leftovers and a set that is on special this month for 20 % off to celebrate SU 20 year anniversary... Big Bold Birthday.
This is some retired paper, but was one of my favorites, plus I got to use some of my new rose red grosgrain.
Enjoy your weekend, off to my son's football game!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card. I love this color combo!

Beate said...

Super cute birthday card! Love it.
Thanks so much for playing.
Hugs and smiles

Marge said...

Yummy cupcake; love your colors too!!!

Leona said...

Cute card.... now i need cake lol

Leona x

Unknown said...

I love the simple easy goingness about the card! What a great use of left over scraps too. I need to use mine that way!

Ed said...

Sometimes, our leftover bits make up the most amazing cards - I love your card Kathy - just shows that we crafters never throw anything out :-)

Debbi said...

Sounds like a full, but wonderful day! Such and cute card and a fun layout!

Andrea said...

Wow, great card.
xAndrea

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Cute card, love the colours. It's amazing what you can make from left overs! Great sketch.

Julie sbs-24

Emily said...

This is so cute! I love the colors and the layout! The jumbo eyelet looks great with the ribbon!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

Great job with the sketch! I love this paper!!!!

Kathryn said...

Super cute -- love that cupcake! :)

Marilyn said...

Fabulous card Kathy - glad you had a wonderful day off!! Sounds marvelous!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Cute! I keep looking at this set and I am thinking I need it! TFS!