Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a big one!

This is for SCS sketch challenge today, #200 can you believe it? Anyways, I accomplished a couple of things with this challenge.

1) completed sketch, although I went for big card using full sheet of card stock folded in half.
2) I went big, because I wanted to use these scallop chipboard frames I got in bulk buy and haven't figured what I was going to do with them. I could not fit 3 on regular greeting card size.
3) I got to use Haiku designer paper, when first saw the cattie, this paper was my favorite and still have not broke it out to use. oh the shame.....
4) used rub-ons, getting ready for upcoming November special, (hint, hint)
5) I made this card for my friend Tracy a fellow demo, who just found out a few weeks ago she has cancer again. She had cancer as a child and has been trying to get pregnant and just found out she has cancer. She is in treatment in a Boston hospital for next few months. One of the demos in our group organized a schedule in which one day out of the week we send her a handmade card. I have Mondays, so got a jump on it.

Everyone loves a handmade card, it feels nice to be able to have someone to give it my work to each week. I signed up to be a chemo angel, but I am on the waitlist. Which is a good thing to be on a waitlist for, that there is plenty of help to go around.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You sure did accomplish a lot of things with this precious card! I love the idea of a card schedule to your friend with cancer. I'm sure she feels everyone's wonderful support during this time in her life!

Sally said...

Great card. Love the colours and repetition of the flower. I am sure it will bring your friend joy.

Jana O'Brien said...

I love this card, Kathy! Good for you for using those supplies. I tend to hoard myself, so I understand that tendency! I know this will bring a big smile to your friend's face.

Unknown said...

very nice I love the colors and the repeat flower element. Love the frames, I am sure your friend will love it!

Leona said...

I love the card its gorgeous..... i bet your friend will love it i would!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Love the card Kathy!I am sure your friend will love it!

Julie

Emily said...

This is gorgeous Kathy! You sure did accomplish a lot with it! =) I'm sure your friend will love it!

Kerry D-C said...

I love this! you did a great job with the layout!