Sunday, October 5, 2008

Non-Card Challenge


SBS 24 challenge this week was to do a non-card item. I was happy to get the challenge because I was trying to think of an item to display use of home decor elements for workshops. I had got this frame at Target on Clearance last Spring for about $6, luckily it was just wide enough to get the "happiness" sentiment from decor elements which is about 13 inches in length. ( I am not going to tell you how many frames I have bought and are sitting in my closet...good intentions)
I also got to frame up some photos from our San Diego trip last April. I am a sucker to buy the photo ops from rides, thinking I might scrapbook them or frame them in the house. Mostly, because it is all 4 of us together, instead of me just behind the camera. So, I accomplished that goal too!.
I used Summer Picnic designer paper, a rub on, hodgpodge hardware photo turns and some ribbon original ribbon I have been hoarding and never used.

18 comments:

Ginger said...

Loved the fun day on your card well done!
hugs ginger

Unknown said...

I love the decor element! Everything flowed well toegther!

Gwen said...

great job!! always feels good to get those done huh!

Jennifer Orbaker said...

How neat. Great way to show off the decor elements for your workshops!

MacKenzie said...

Ohhhh I just love this! Total perfection!

JB-Crafting Supplies said...

Oh Kathy this is lovely!

Julie sbs-24

Leona said...

Loving this lo its so vibrant and exciting, makes me want to be there actually!

Its great hugs leona x

Emily said...

This is awesome Kathy! The decor element looks great on there. Great pictures too!

Chrissy D said...

Ohh I have to make my project yet! I thought I would do it tonight to post tomorrow. I did not even THINK about doing a scrapbook page! Way to think outside of the box! Great page too! TFS!

Jana O'Brien said...

Awesome! How cool that you found just the right sized frame!

Anonymous said...

This turned out really great!

debby4000 said...

This is fabulous, gorgeous idea.

Marge said...

Fabulous job, Kathy! Looks like a fun memory!!!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Awesome! Love your framed pictures with those decor elements! Great job on the challenge :-)

Marilyn said...

Beautiful job on this frame Kathy!! I've got lots of good intentions sitting in my closet too!!

Kelly said...

Cute frame, Kathy. Nice job!

Unknown said...

This is awesome!! I just love that happiness decor elements!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful…. would like to have some more ideas for home decoration from you.