Sunday, November 2, 2008

Monkeying around



Playing around with sock monkey using Beate's weekend sketch challenge. I decided to pull out the sock monkey, since I did not use him in awhile.
The birthday one, I colored with markers. The one with the flower I did on watercolor paper and watercolor crayons. I was not as happy with the results, making me think I need some copics after seeing whatever one does with them!
And a sad note, I lost a good friend Liz to cancer last week, she was only 44 years old and had two young children. Sadly, we were only communicating at Christmas time as we got busy with our lives and children. So, as wake up call, I decided to reach out to some friends that I have not kept constant contact with anymore.
I challenge you to do the same, life is too short! Reconnect with a friend today :} And cards are great place to start.

12 comments:

PaperAddictJenn said...

Cute cards! I am sorry to hear about your friend. How do you sign up to be a chemo angel?

Debbi said...

I love that monkey! I need to think about water coloring him. I tend to cut him to pieces... Yours looks great and so much easier! Sorry to hear about your friend, it is so easy to loose track.

Unknown said...

Cute cards and such a cute sock monkey!!! I need to pull him out and use him more often!!

Anonymous said...

Great card - you did wonderful with the coloring!

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for the challenge!

Kelly said...

Cute card, Kathy, and a great take on the weekend sketch. And thanks so the challege. You're so right about old friends. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

I think the monkeys came out great but share the feelings on the copics all the same. I am sorry to hear about your friend and I agree it is time to reach out and talk to people we haven't heard from in awhile!

Ed said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend Kathy, hope she responds to treatment, and how wonderful that you became a chemo angel...what a lovely feeling for a stranger to know somebody out there cares....

Kathryn said...

OM GOSH --- love the Sock Monkey -- so cute! :)

Emily said...

Aww, Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

I love your card! Your monkey is adorable! Great shading!

Anonymous said...

I love your cards! I'm sorry to hear about your friend.


I have been a Chemo Angel for 7 years - I know of so many people with cancer. ...and you are right, keep in touch, live for today, you never know what tomorrow will bring!
Hugs, Kathy
www.Chemoangels.com

kc_froglady said...

love the cupcake monkey!

Kerry D-C said...

oh, I am sorry to hear about your friend. It is amazing how wrapped up we get in the everyday things and how fast time passes. Thanks for the reminder to try and make regular contact