Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beate's weekend sketch x 2




I played along with Beate's weekend sketch, although I should be cleaning up my craft area... it is a diaster. I will work on that today, once we attack all the leaves in our yard.
I decided to make two cards, I figured you cut cs in two pieces might as well make two. The one on left I copied one of Beate's idea of using jumbo eyelets and then putting rhinestone brads in the center. The one on right hand side, I used the build-a -brads for embellishment.
card recipe:
stamp: eastern blooms
ink: old olive, really rust, pumpkin pie, so saffron (ink pads and markers)
paper: haiku dsp, so saffron, very vanilla
accessories: old olive 5/8 grosgrain, build a brad, 1/2 inch circle punch, jumbo eyelets, rhinestone circle brads

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pp and colors these are very pretty. they tugged at my heartstrings!

Shelly Koskinen said...

These cards are pretty. You did a great job on Beate's challenge

Jana O'Brien said...

I love both of these! That Haiku DSP goes great with the Eastern Blooms set.

Debbi said...

Love Love Love these colors. I can't decide which embellishments I like better, they are both so fun!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Fabulous! Love the jumbo eyelets with the rhinestone brads! Great job on the challenge :)

Marilyn said...

Great cards Kathy!! Good luck with the leaves in your yard - yuck!

Emily said...

Beautiful cards! I can't decide which one I like better. They both look great! Love the colors! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. I love that stamp set and dsp!

Kerry D-C said...

oh wow!!! LOVE these! the colors are so soothing. both are really pretty!