Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wicked Funny


In the demo forum each month they do "WICKED" challenges - color, sketch and technique. Here in New England area- "wicked" was a huge slang term meaning "awesome" vs. evil. I tried the technique of sparkly stained glass, although I failed with the shoe image. I think it was too small or not a steady hand with the crystal effects. Definitely would give it another go using a larger image. The color scheme was to use baja blue, coral cameo and blush blossom. Man this was a tough combo, I never use blush unless it is for a face. I retried the crystal effects over the shoe. The sketch was this sketch challenge 210 at SCS. Not my favorite card I ever have done. So, I decided to do a re-do because I wanted to play with this stamp set humor in high heels so more.

So, this time I jazzed it up with some new designer paper being released for Spring Summer catalog- Raspberry tart.
I picked up some purple in the paper with the perfect plum background, added some cosmo and dazzling diamond glitter to shoe and a felt fusion and rhinestone brad. I am much happier with this version. Plus, I got another challenge done for SBS 24 this week which was to make a humorous card!
So, I hope you have a "wicked good day".

11 comments:

Marge said...

I have to agree that I like your second card best! I prefer those colors/papers too!!!
My fav thing about this SU set is the awesome sentiments!!!

Unknown said...

I like them both, but of course I will go with no 2 as purple is my fav color. Great job!

Jana O'Brien said...

Whoohoo! So glad you played along Kathy. It was a challenging combo for me too, but I like how spring-y it is. Purple is my favorite color, but I have to vote for the WICKED card, right? LOL

Gwen said...

oh love that new DP!! love all the colors but #2 is my personal fave!!!

Leona said...

I love both cards.. but i will go with 2 aswell......A fabby job!

Kerry D-C said...

These are both wicked awesome! I am also in agreement that I like #2 alot!

Anonymous said...

They are both very pretty cards! :) I hope you're having a happy new year so far!

Saw your post below about the wii fit...my DH did something similar to me, wanting the Mariokart...we ended up getting it a week AFTER christmas. Crazy how much the price goes up on those things before Christmas!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

Great job on the challenges Kathy! Love the sparkly shoes on the second card - fabulous!!

Chrissy D said...

These are wonderfully "wicked" LOL They look great! I will have to try that technique!

Emily said...

These are both so cute Kathy! I really like them both, but I especially like the second one! Awesome cards! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are great!