Thursday, January 3, 2008

another challenge?






This is this week's card sketch challenge 157 over at Splitcoasterstampers. I highly recommend trying them, it really helps you make a great looking card and gives you a starting point.

I want to thank my blogging sister Etha for idea of inking up embossed cuttlebug image, so this was added into my plans. I just swiped gold encore ink over embossed circles. I also was told by my husband that I needed more masculine cards in my stash. Apparently, my male cards were more appropriate for my kid's friends. So, I went with my masculine standby-Lovely as a tree.

I used rock and roll technique for the tree. Then I decided to copy the circles and use eyelets with my CAD. I did one on side and one under tree.

Card recipe:

paper: more mustard, old olive, very vanilla, close to cocoa, retired DSP scraps

ink: close to cocoa, old olive, versa mark , gold encore

stamps: lovely as a tree, sincere salutations, it's your birthday

access: hemp, gold embossing, jumbo and regular eyelets

8 comments:

Marge Robertson said...

Great cards, Kathy! And your husband is right, at least I never seem to have enough masculine cards stashed away.

Marge

My Paper World said...

They are beautiful! The colours are gorgeous!

Galaxy Girl - my Stamp Galaxy Blog... said...

Thanks for sharing this, I really love that set. Fabbie colour combo.

Kay (SBS8)

Han said...

I love that tree stamp and the colours you have used work so well together

Sallyh said...

What lovely cards, I think we must be all the same - not enough male cards in our stash

debby4000 said...

Fabulous cards Kathy, glad its not just me that find masculine cards hard to do.
Debby

Gwen Snater said...

lovely cards...I think I need that stamp, you did such a beautiful job on both!
Gwen

Su Davis said...

Oh Kathy - simply beautiful! And I have just received this SU set, so can't wait to have a go now myself!
Su
SBS8