Thursday, February 26, 2009

Getting "Chippy with it"


I had group of "moms" who get together for stamping once a month, we usually make 2 cards and 1 3-D item, but it varies. This is just a class format and the preschool set is welcome to come play while mom's craft.

This month we did projects using chipboard and I can tell you I cased all the ideas! You got to love blog surfing, to get so much inspiration and ideas from others.

The bookmark Tiffany did for her hostess appreciation party and I thought they were genius so I totally copied!




This is a version I saw on splitcoast stampers, I changed the paper and then used new hostess set for center. I am sorry I can't recall who's original layout I cased.
This one I cased one done by Shelley Hopps her blog is Mocha Memories.
I love this one because it has no stamping on it. I used rub ons for sentiment and for the inner part of chipboard frame.




The idea of the class was to show how to use chipboard:
1) can stamp on it
2) color it with ink (here we used craft ink)
3) cover it with designer or regular paper
I used glue dots or dimensionals to attach it to card stock to hold the weight.

9 comments:

Sharon Graham said...

Kathy, these are great! It reminds me that I have to use my stockpile of chipboard. I may case your cases.

Emily said...

Wow, Kathy! Everything looks awesome! Love the color combos you used!

Gwen said...

Awesome! thanks fot the inspiration!!! I have so much chipboard that I have not used.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful projects, Kathy!

Unknown said...

OHh Kathy these rock. SO much yummy chipboard

Jana O'Brien said...

Wow, love these Kathy! That card with all of the stars is way cool.

Marge said...

Fabulous ideas; gonna CASE that bookmark one - perfect for my friend who is a voracious reader! Like Gwen, I have tons of chipboard I need to use!!! TFS!!!

Marilyn said...

Great ideas to use up my chipboard, and also those flower rub-ons I have a ton of those sitting around too - I'm sure your ladies had a fabulous time at this camp!

Kelly said...

Love the bookmark, Kathy. So cute!