Are you ready for Christmas yet? Yikes Thanksgiving is next week- when did it get to be the middle of November? Anyways, our school's holiday fair is coming up, we make things for the kids to buy for Christmas gifts all under $5. As it was near 60 degrees yesterday, I sat out in my porch and whipped out 2 dozen of these babies. I wore plastic gloves and still ended up with ink all over my fingers!
Super fun and easy to make.
reinker(s) for classic ink
funnel or paper cone
*recommended (old film canisters, plastic gloves, paper towels)
1) clean glass bulb, remove top
2) using your classic reinkers add 20-30 drops depending on size of bulb you are using
3) swirl it around the bulb filling in all the spaces as you go. This is where gloves are handy or use paper towel to cover open hole. add more reinker if you are not getting good coverage
4) I let it drain out into a empty film container
5) use fine glitter (such as SU cosmo or dazzling diamonds)
6) using your paper cone or funnel add glitter to ornament, dump out extra using funnel into container
7) using thumb over hole, shake up ornament to get good coverage
8) let dry for few minutes upside down in film container
Play around with mixing colors. My favorites are rich regals, pacific point, purely pomegranate, rich razzleberry. Deeper colors look cool!