attempt # 1:
Problem #1- did not have a current snowflake stamp (not retired) to use for background. This one was too plain, I did add some photo corners using some designer paper.
This is my second attempt- decided to use polka dot background stamp, and was somewhat happier with the color scheme.
Tough to see from scan, but I used dazzling diamonds around window edge to give look of snow/ice.
This is my final outcome and I was much happier with it. I used canvas background and the gingham print of new bella rose dsp for my photo corners. I really liked the country look to it.
My other problems were:
1) not having designer paper but using the photo corners helped.
2) trying to find ribbon, tried white grosgrain but went without it in my final design
3) trying to do a layout with a sketch. So much easier in planning a card to have a sketch.
4) working with new in colors, not having a color scheme. Thankfully, I used kraft a good neutral to go with riding hood red.
I have two more swaps to post before I go to convention. Enjoy your weekend :}