Wednesday, December 8, 2010

call out for valentines

I used Stamping 411's sketch this week to make some valentine cards with my retired stash of papers.  Gretchen Barron issued this challenge, to donate valentine cards to from Our Hearts organization.  She is even offering a prize drawing if you can make 5 valentines and send by December 20th.  If you never heard them- it is a great organization that Martie Shea has run out of her house for the past few years.  They send cards over to the troops for them to use for their personal use to send home to family and friends.  We all have cards we make or swaps that can be put to good use.  They are also moving to a new location, bigger space and are in the need of cash donations for office supplies and to help cover the postage to send overseas.

So in the spirit of Christmas send out some valentines to show you care.  Such and easy and small thing to do that will mean so much to those who serve our country everyday.

9 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

May be retired paper, but I STILL love it! Great job with the sketch!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So cute, I love this stamp and dsp......great job.

gbarron56 said...

Nice job with the card and sketch, Julie! And I was so thrilled to see that you're going to participate in the Valentine Challenge! Way to go! Blessings, Gretchen

gbarron56 said...

woops! Sorry, Kathy -- I know you're not Julie! Fingers were just moving faster than the brain! Blessings, Gretchen

Kerin said...

Great job with the sketch, and also for participating in Gretchen's challenge, I've got to get on that myself!!

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful card!!!!

Selene Kempton said...

beautiful use of the sketch and great valentines card!!

Kim Jenkins said...

Great cards, I love them all. I'm so ready to move on to Valentine & spring cards,

Thanks for sharing,
Kim

Unknown said...

Super cute and how sad is it we crafters are already thinking about Valentines day?