Saturday, September 25, 2010

Birthday cards just in "case"

This is a card I used for September teacher birthdays and for recent stamp a stack.  The design is a case from stampin connection that Jill George did.  You know I love sketches to get mojo started, but casing someone's work is also a great place to get started.  As long as you give credit where credit is due!  The catalog is another great place to case from.  This card uses a Stampin Up hostess set Birthday Bakery.

I needed a quick card for a birthday party for my son's friend Scott.  He loves football so I wanted to use Stampin Up's Just football (retired).  I again went to Stampin Connection for ideas and cased this card from Julie Marshall.

2 comments:

Marge said...

Oh, LOVE this bakery bday card; fabulous & always great to "case" for inspiration! That's a perfect guy card too, something I need ASAP for my grown step GS! YIKES -- better get busy, I guess!!!

Unknown said...

I love the cake card. Curious how you got just part of the card stock enbellished without the dreaded line. I get it all the time.